The banking app Sparkasse is the most popular in Germany with more than 13 million users. While the existing app got the job done, its design and layout were starting to get stale. When the online banking interface was prepared for an overhaul, the bank decided to redesign the app as well.
The goals were to develop a consistent design language for the apps and the banking interface and to improve the most important user flows. I worked with the team during all stages of the development of the new release.
This was the focus of my work for the project:
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of the existing app and map out all user flows.
- Analyse and deconstruct the design and components of the new design language used for the web interface.
- Ideation, conceptual design, and design explorations for a new mobile app based on the new design language.
- Develop a solid foundation for a design system for all future mobile apps.
- Build a foundation for interaction design and develop a new information architecture.
- Create concepts, user flows, and prototypes for the new redesigned mobile app.
- Support user research and testing during all stages of the development cycle.